Subscribers

Monday, December 20, 2010

REVIEW and swatch: China Glaze Ruby Pumps

China Glaze's Ruby Pumps

China Glaze Ruby Pumps Nail Polish ($8.00 CND for 0.5 fl oz.) is a bright red jelly with amazing red sparkles. When this color catchs the light everyone has to stop and stare at your nails. Thie nail polish color came out with the Wizard of ohh ahz collection and was repromoted with the Wizard of ohh ahz returns collection. This color is limited edition, and aparently a color on everyones wishlist. Its hard to find in most places, and when you do find it you better buy it because you wont see it again. The color is a little grainy, but thats understandable for a glitter nail polish. As long as you place a topcoat over top you should be good to go. Its not as bad as most glitter nail polishes, but it does have a little bit. Drys extremly fast.

I love this color, it really says holiday times for me. When I wear it I get many compliments because its hard to miss when your in the sunlight. The first coat would be fine giving you a nice red color, I personally do two coats to make the red a little darker. Shown in the pictures are both one coat and two.

In terms of wear it lasts on my nails (fake), with top coat and base coat for a week without chipping. The consistancy is a little thicker then some nail polishes, but still on the thin side. I didnt experiance any bubbling with this and as I have said before I love China Glazes brushes, as they are just small enough. This color makes my pale skin look paler for the most part, I think it would look good on both skin tones.

It is a glitter polish so it is hard taking it off. Use 100% acetone, and use the foil method. If you dont know what the foil method is let me know and I will do a post on that. Either that or lots of rubbing and soaking.

  • Product: 8/10
  • Value: 9/10
  • Ease of Use: 3/5
  • Packaging: 5/5
Overall: A

Two coats


Stay Beautiful,
Aryn

Contact: TotallyPolishedBeauty@yahoo.com

4 comments:

  1. A lovely colour for a lovely set of nails! :) great blog keep it up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, and thanks for following. Anything you would like to see in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this colour too... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do to, I couldnt quite capture how it looks different in every light, but it most def does.

    ReplyDelete