Subscribers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

REVIEW: Almay Smart Shade Foundation

Almay Smart shade Makeup in light

Almay Smart Shade Makeup ($20 CND for 1 fl oz.) is a breakthrough shade-sensing technology starts out white and adjusts to right. Finally a makeup that takes the guesswork out of finding your perfect shade - instantly adjusting to the color of your skin. Antioxidant blend of grape seed, ginseng, and Ginkgo biloba nurtures your skin. For a beautiful, natural finish every time. They also have a age one for older women.

It is a very light foundation that stays light and weightless on your face. It doesnt have very much coverage and I say your lucky to hide some of those post acne scars with it. Inless you have almost perfect skin, I would suggest that you find something else to use.

The wear isnt very much, I put it on about 8 in the morning and when I get home from school (about 4), its already sliding off my face (summer), or has faded (winter). I also use primer and powder to set it, just for the record. I found when I put it on, it clung to every dry spot it could find, even after lotion. So I would think exessive dryness on the face would be horrible to think about the results. Best leave this foundation to some of the oilyer skin types.

The consistency is a watery liquid foundation, not thick at all. I use my ecotools kabuki to apply this to try and get some coverage. It takes a few minutes for it to be fully dry on the skin, so you have some time to blend it. I find it takes time to blend it quite right, and its one of those foundations if its the slightest off color, and you dont blend it, you will see it in natural light. I found warm lights do like this, florencent and natual light make it look horrible.

It dries to a matte finish and looks very natural if done right. Its hard to get this though, they dont have much of a color range (light, light/medium, and medium), so darker skin tones might have some troubles with this. Almay didnt think very hard when creating this foundation as far as color range goes thats for sure. Even the light for me is to dark, I find in the winter I will look quite orange with this on and my neck doesnt ever match my face if I use this by itself. It also seemed to break me out even though it said it wouldnt clog pores and I dont have that sensitive skin that foundations normally do that.

The packaging is a ok design, where you squeese and some comes out. Now in theory this is good because your not sticking your fingers in right? Wrong, now all the foundation comes spilling out and you have absoultly no control. You end up using to much or wasting some every application.

Pretty pricey for a drugstore foundation, although pretty easy to find. You can buy at almost every drugstore. Sometimes there is deals on this, if you wish to try it I sugest buying it when there is a discount.

Overall I didnt really like this foundation, and barly reached for it. It does not photograph well as it has SPF 15 in it, making me look even more paler then I am. Who wants that? If you put to much on, it becomes cakey and orange which is not flattering for anybody. It clings to dry patches, and breaks me out. It doesnt give me good coverage and is gone before the end of the day. Wish it came with a pump for more control. As a higher end priced drugstore foundation I would expect a little more. Its more on the expensive side of the drugstore foundations and alot of people had high hopes.

  • Product: 5/10
  • Value: 1/5
  • Ease of Use: 3/5
  • Packaging: 3/5
Grade: C


The packaging

Not blended light color

Blended light color (looks a little orange in real life)

 I have alabaster or very very pale skin. The light shade was still to dark for me. :( I wanted to love this foundation but just couldnt, off to search for a different one.

Stay Beautiful,
Aryn

Contact info: TotallyPolishedBeauty@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment